Type 1 at School is a Touched by Type 1 community education program in which the TBT1 team provides public and private schools with the tools and training they need in order to help their Type 1 students thrive. Touched by Type 1 provides the opportunity for school personnel to learn from experts and specialists to better understand the realities of living with Type 1 Diabetes, its signs and symptoms, and best practices for keeping Type 1 students safe at school.
Through this program, we have provided informative and educational sessions to:
- – Entire school district Nursing and Clinical Staff
- – Entire school district Transportation Staff
- – After school programs and Daycare Facilities
- – Faculty and Staff at individual Public Schools
- – Faculty and Staff at individual Private Schools
It is our goal that through the Type 1 at school program – teachers, administrators, nurses, and families will become more confident in their roles in working together to keep students with Type 1 Diabetes safe at school.