Type 1 at School is a Touched by Type 1 community education program in which the TBT1 team provides public and private schools with the tools and training they need in order to help their Type 1 students thrive.
Offering both in-person an virtual training sessions, Touched by Type 1 provides the opportunity for school personnel to learn from experts and specialists to better understand the realities of living with Type 1 Diabetes, its signs and symptoms, and best practices for keeping Type 1 students safe at school.
What Will You Learn?
- Basics of Type 1 Diabetes management.
- Best Practices for keeping Type 1 students safe at school.
- Current technology and devices used in Type 1 Diabetes managment.
Through this program, we have provided informative and educational sessions to:
- – Entire school district Nursing and Clinical Staff
- – Entire school district Transportation Staff
- – After school programs and Daycare Facilities
- – Faculty and Staff at individual Public Schools
- – Faculty and Staff at individual Private Schools
It is our goal that through the Type 1 at school program – teachers, administrators, nurses, and families will become more confident in their roles in working together to keep students with Type 1 Diabetes safe at school.
Learn from Experts
Certified Diabetes Educators, both with a personal connection to Type 1 Diabetes, share what you need to know to help you feel more confident and comfortable caring for a Type 1 at school.
RN, BSN, CDCES
Mother of a Type 1 Diabetic
RN, BSN, MHSE, CDCES
Type 1 Diabetic for over 40 years