The Kids & Teens with Diabetes Dance Program is a series of creativity-fostering dance classes for youth with Type 1 Diabetes, offered free of charge and designed as an important outlet for self-expression and physical activity. The classes are held Saturdays throughout the fall leading up to the final performance at the annual Dancing for Diabetes Show at the Bob Carr Theater. Stay tuned for details on the 2020 Dance Program.
Through the art of dance our children are creating friendships and bonds. These classes are free to attend courtesy of our all-volunteer dance and choreography team – and made possible through the kind support of our donors and partners.
- Dance classes on Saturdays in the Fall for Kids and Teens with Type 1 Diabetes
- No prior dance experience necessary
- Participants will learn a fun routine that they will then have the opportunity to perform in the annual Dancing for Diabetes Showcase at the Bob Carr Theater in Orlando, Florida
- Classes will be held at our studio in Altamonte Springs
- Kid Class: 5 – 9 years old
- Pre-Teen Class: 10 – 12 years old
- Teen Class: 13 – 17 years old